- Affiliated to Kerala University
- Approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- 2 year Post Graduate Programme ( 4 semester)
TKM College of Engineering was the first college in Kerala to start M.Tech Programme in Computer Integrated Manufacturing which has been offering this M.Tech since 2006 with the aim of promoting graduate engineers to seek specialization in the field of Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing. The course functioning efficiently and has contributed many projects of technical importance.
As the name indicates it is the manufacturing with the help of computers to connect physically separate processes involved in complete manufacturing from the raw material to the finished product. Hence there is automation which allows decision to be made faster with least error and without requiring intervention.
A student qualifying this programme can enable to search the following fields of employment
- Product Development
- Design Modeling
- Software packages of Manufacturing
- Automated Manufacturing
- Customer support
- Quality Management
- Automated Inspection
- CNC Machines and Systems
- Production processes
- Planning and Control
- Inventory control
- Demand Forecasting
- Co- ordinate Measuring Machines and Systems(CMM)
- Material Handling
- Flexible Manufacturing Systems
- Machine Tools with Electronic Control
- Business Processes Engineering
- Management Information Systems
- Process Planning
- Work flow Automation and simulation
- CAD – Computer Aided/Automated Design – Design geometry, dimensions, etc.
- CAE – Analysis of the design done in the CAD system for stresses, flows, etc.
- CAM – Computer Aided/Automated Manufacturing – is the use of computers to select,
- setup, schedule, and drive manufacturing processes.
- CAPP – Computer Aided Process Planning
- for production, machine selection, tool selection, etc.
- PPC – Production Planning and Control – also known as scheduling.
- Robotics and systems
- Manufacturing Facilities Planning
- Work Flow Automation , Industrial automation
- Network Management
The Course has an intake of 18 students, strictly according to university of Kerala regulations and about 5 batches had successfully completed up to this year and got selected them among various Engineering colleges as faculties, as expert Design Engineers in Industry & some students are continuing with their Research at Prestigious organizations like IIT’s , CSIR labs etc.
50% of the student’s intake is based on the rank list provided by Director of Technical Education and remaining students are allocated as per management direction based on merits.
Admissions are according to government regulations to include socially and educationally backward community and SC/ST students as per government norms.