Grievance Redressal Cell facilitates the redressal of grievances in a fair and impartial manner maintaining confidentiality. Any stakeholder of T K M College of Engineering with a genuine grievance may approach Grievance Redressal Cell.
A grievance means a formal complaint about any kind of discontent, dissatisfaction or negative perception among stakeholders. It could also be related with the functioning of the institution that is unfair or unjust.
Grievant means a student, parent, staff member or group of students or parents or staff members or combination of stakeholders of the institution.
A committee among faculty is constituted by the principal in consultation with HoDs and with the consent of Chairman, governing body for a period of one year.
The Grievance Redressal Cell consists of a senior professor as coordinator and three members.
- To ensure a fair, impartial and consistent way for redressal of various issues faced by the stakeholders.
- To uphold the dignity of the college by promoting cordial Student-Student relationship, Student-teacher relationship, and teacher-teacher relationship.
- To develop a responsive and accountable attitude among the stakeholders, thereby maintaining a harmonious atmosphere in the college campus.
- To ensure that grievances are resolved with complete confidentiality.
- To ensure that the views of grievant and respondent are respected and that any party to a grievance is not discriminated or victimised.
- To ensure stakeholders to respect the rights and dignity of one another
Guidelines for Grievance Redressal
- The grievant has to submit grievance in writing to the Principal or Grievance Cell. Grievance could also be submitted by e-mail using .in
- Grievance shall be considered at the earliest but in any case not later than a week.
- The cell shall hear the concerns of all parties involved.
- Complainants and Respondents shall be present in person before the cell for all hearings.
- The cell shall be committed to maintain the confidentiality of information throughout the process.
- Grievance with legal complexity like sexual harassment/misconduct or of other criminal nature shall be dealt with after taking advice from appropriate legal consultants/authorities.
- The grievance cell shall find the facts and evolve a solution which is submitted to the principal for further action.