T K M College of Engineering is one among 100 Engineering Colleges in India participating in the Quality Enhancement in Engineering Education (QEEE) Programme of MHRD, Government of India. After successfully completing Phase I to Phase V, QEEE Phase VI is started in Aug 2016. Under this programme, facilities have been arranged in the College for participating in the Live Classes conducted by Professors of various IITs. It provides two-way interactions between the course instructor and students/ local faculty.
The main goal of the program is to utilise high quality pedagogical resources to enhance learning in a wider student community. It aims in the integration of top quality resources in the form of instructors and multimedia resources into followed curriculum and methods of teaching. The modules for the programme include Live classes, Tutorials, MOOCs and Bridge Courses.
Dr. Anitha Joseph
Dept. of Civil Engineering
Mr. J. Shahudeen Kunju
Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
The Committee for Reforms in Technical Education has been constituted by MHRD to enhance the quality of Indian engineering education and bridge the quantity – quality gap.
Committee has come up with recommendations including
QEEE program mainly consists of modules planned to be delivered through an educational platform (software/hardware) developed for this purpose. These, put together, cover all aspects of technical education. These modules are briefly described below.
* Live Lectures: In this programme, a part of (about 1/3rd to begin with) of the selected courses lectures would be delivered live from the IIT classroom to all participating colleges using the tool via communications hardware being set up. The schedule of lectures will be predetermined and made available in advance to all participating colleges. At the scheduled time, the lecture will be brought live to the classroom, with the local lecturer playing the role of moderator. The session will mimic a live session as much as possible, with opportunities for sharing and interaction between students and instructor.
* Tutorials: They are an important supplemental e-learning program built on the idea of peer learning through pre planned informal study circles. The educational platform enables previously delivered as well as new academic content to be viewed and reviewed by students amongst their peer group with or without the virtual presence of the instructor.
* Interactive E-books: As the name suggests it is the electronic presentation of text in a readable format published digitally as a volume. These E-books have been specially designed for specific courses by highly rated teachers, They utilise graphically rich learning techniques including text, images, graphics/animations, videos, audios, reference links, illustrations, presentations etc to enable a wider access to resources and material previously limited to only a few institutes. This module will also have features that allow users to request for translations / provide translations into Indian languages
* Virtual Labs: This module looks to provide virtual hands-on experience to students on experiments undertaken remotely. It creates an opportunity to work on a real lab experiment tailored to suit their syllabus and curriculum. It provides students and teachers alike, a chance to access quality resources and materials.
* MOOC (Open Courseware): Open course ware essentially constitutes a licensed mechanism of delivering courses online directly to the student and not necessarily through the institutional set-up. It enables customized anytime anywhere learning through the internet.
We got into the List of “Best Colleges (Partners)” of QEEE in Phase V. Best Colleges QEEE Phase VRead more
QEEE 2016(Jan- April) Greetings from QEEE ! The below are the registered topics with respective faculty and HOD incharge for QEEE 2016 (Jan-April). S.No Topic Name Local Faculty HOD 1 Object Oriented Design using UML Shyna A Dr.D.Chithraprasad 2 Heat Transfer LEENA R Dr. JOSE PRAKASH 3 Kinematics of Particle – Engineering Mechanics PROF. BENNY […]Read more
Dear college, As you are aware, we are gearing towards the commencement of the next phase of QEEE from August-Oct 2015. A couple of reminders, Topics and the timetable of live classes are available on the website pilot.edureform.iitm.ac.in. Kindly note that the last date for registrations will be 30th June and beyond this no further requests will be entertained. We urge […]Read more