SANAZ Mevaram Thattamala P O Kollam - 691020 Kerala, S. India
Ph.D from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (2009)
M.Tech (Structural Engineering) from College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram- University of Kerala (1996)
B.Tech (Civil Engineering) from T.K.M. College of Engineering, Kollam - University of Kerala (1991)
24 years of Teaching experience (as on March, 2017)
Structural Dynamics, Structural Health Monitoring, Structural Control, Substructuring Concepts in Dynamic Testing & System Identification, Earthquake Resistant Structures
Approved Research Supervisor under APJ Abdul Kalam Kerala Technological University
Consultancy and Sponsored Projects
Awards and Honours
First rank in B.Tech (Civil Engineering) from University of Kerala (1991)
Alumni Proficiency Award of TKM College of Engineering for the best outgoing student (1991)
Membership in Professional Bodies
Member, Indian Society for Technical Education
Member, Institution of Engineers (India)
Duties and Responsibilities
Member, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, University of Kerala
Dean (Research) and Coordinator (Research Council)
Academic Co-ordinator, TEQIP
Member, Central Quality Assurance Cell
Member, Department Management Committee
Advisor of 2016-20 Batch (B.Tech – Civil Engineering)
Subjects Taught at UG level :-
1. Engineering Mechanics
2. Mechanics of Structures
3. Structural Mechanics (B. Arch)
4. Structural Analysis (All papers)
5. Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures
6. Programming and Numerical Methods
7. Structural Analysis for Dynamic Loads (Elective)
Subjects Taught at PG level :-
1. Dynamics of Structures
2. Analysis and Design Earthquake Resistant Structures
3 . Advanced Computational Mathematics
4. Structural Stability
Courses and Training Attended
Attended many short-term courses
7. Nishi P Devadas, G Sunilkumar, Sajeeb R (2012), “Finite element analysis of flat joints in metallic honeycomb sandwich beams”, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering, 3(2), 6-12.
6. Julie S, Sajeeb R (2012), “ Performance of base isolators and tuned mass dampers in vibration control of a multistoried building”, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering, 2(6), 1-7.
5. Sajeeb, R. Manohar, C.S. and Roy, D. (2010), A semi-analytical particle filter for Identification of nonlinear oscillators, Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics, 25(1), 35-48.
4. Sajeeb, R. Manohar, C.S. and Roy, D. (2009), A conditionally linearized Monte Carlo filter in nonlinear structural dynamics, International Journal of Nonlinear Mechanics, 44(7), 776-790.
3. Sajeeb, R. Manohar, C.S. and Roy, D. (2009), Rao-Blackwellization with substructuring for state and parameter estimations of a class of nonlinear dynamical systems, International Journal of Engineering under uncertainty: Hazards, Assessment and Mitigation, 1(1-2), 81-99.
2. Sajeeb, R. Roy, D. and Manohar, C.S. (2007), Numerical aspects of a real-time substructuring technique in structural dynamics, International Journal of Numerical Methods in Engineering, 72, 1261-1313.
1. Sajeeb, R. Manohar, C.S. and Roy, D. (2007), Use of particle filters in an active control algorithm for noisy nonlinear structural dynamical systems, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 306, 25, 111-135.
2. Nassif Nazeer Thaickavil, Sajeeb R (2013), “Performance of spring models in static and dynamic soil structure interaction analyses for different soil types”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Modeling and Simulation in Civil Engineering (ICMSCE 2013), Department of Civil Engineering, T.K.M. College of Engineering, Kollam – 691005
1. Sweeta Francis, Sajeeb R (2011), “A genetic algorithm based structural damage detection in frequency domain from noisy input data”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Modeling and Simulation in Civil Engineering (ICMSCE 2011), Department of Civil Engineering, T.K.M. College of Engineering, Kollam – 691005
3. Mohammed Fasil, Sajeeb R (2016), Numerical Investigations on the Effectiveness of Double Tuned Mass Dampers in Structural Vibration Control, Proceedings of the Structural Engineering Convention (SEC 2016), CSIR-SERC, Chennai
2. Nassif Nazeer Thaickavil, Sajeeb R (2013), Dynamic soil structure interaction analysis of a reinforced concrete frame on isolated footing, Proceedings of the CUSAT National conference on Recent Advances in Structural Engineering (RASE 2013), Department of Civil Engineering , CUSAT, Kochi.
1. R S Karthika, Sajeeb R (2011), “Progressive substructural system identification using genetic algorithm”, Proceedings of the 5th National Conference on Focussing on Advances in Civil Engineering (FACE), Feb. 2011, Department of Civil Engineering, T.K.M. College of Engineering, Kollam – 691005