B. Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering Programme of our college is affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Kerala.
Admission Eligibility :
Candidates with a pass in the Plus – Two Examination of Kerala Higher Secondary Board or its equivalent recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks in core subjects :Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry are eligible for admission. A selection committee constituted by the Government of Kerala makes admission.
Reservation to SC,ST and other communities are available as per rules and regulations of the Government from time to time. 15% of the seats are reserved under Management quota. Those who want to get admission under the Management quota should apply to the management and qualify the Engineering entrance examination conducted by Commissioner of Entrance Examination; Government of Kerala.
Duration of the Course :
The programme is conducted in eight semesters.
Excel as practicing professionals in industry and/or academics by the knowledge acquired from analytical skills in mathematics and engineering principles.
Able to provide technically and environmentally feasible solutions to real life problems by the analytical,
design and development skills acquired, blended with an unquenching learning ability.
Emerge as a team player having good interpersonal skills with a strong sense of ethics and social commitment.
Sound knowledge and skill to analyze and solve problems in analog and digital electronic circuits, signal processing, communication and control systems.
Competence in specialized software packages and tools useful for the analysis and design of electronic circuits, signal processing units and communication systems.
Adaptable to the changing requirements and possess commendable interpersonal skills as a leader/member in a team keeping abreast of high degree of professional ethics, societal responsibilities and environmental outlook.
Engineering Graduates will be able to :
1. Engineering knowledge : Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis : Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions : Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems : Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage : Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society : Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability : Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics : Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work : Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication : Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance : Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning : Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.