T K M College of Engineering offers ample hostel facilities for the students. Since an
ideal hostel must be, in essence, a home away from home, the facilities offered here are
designed to provide a sense of belonging, security and care as well as a spirit of
independence, within reasonable limits.
There are separate hostels for boys and girls.Altogether, these hostels provide
accommodation around to 2000 students. As regards the Administrative structure, the
Principal of the college is the Chief Warden of the hostels. There is a Hostel Co-ordinator
(Deputy Chief Warden), three facility co-ordinators for all hostels under the Trust. In
addition, each hostel has a Warden, Deputy Wardens and Resident Tutors, who are senior
faculties of the college.Foreign students are given accommodation in International
Students’ Hostel, the facility of which are, at par with international standards. The hostels
provide a calm and relaxing atmosphere to accelerate the creative talents of the students.
The faculties who act as resident wardens of the hostels provide moral and emotional
support and guidance to the inmates.
- Trust Hostel
- Campus Hostel
- Golden Jubilee Hostel
- International Students Hostel
The food is delivered to the respective hostels through a centalised preparation and
distribution system. Transportation is arranged for the residents to move in and out. There
is a Hostel Advisory Council, headed by the Principal and Heads of all the Departments,
Deputy Chief Warden, co-ordinators and wardens of the Hostels. The Council meets often
to discuss the policy matters and disciplinary steps relating to the hostels. In addition to
this, each hostel has a Hostel Council consisting of the Warden, Deputy Warden, Resident
Tutors and the Representatives of inmates to discuss day-to-day affairs.
- Ladies Hostel (Main)
- UGC TKM Trust Hostel (A,B,C Blocks)
- AICTE TKM Trust Hostel
- Modern Hostel
- Vijaya INN ( Modern Hostel Annexe-I for PG and Research Scholars )
- Working Women’s Hostel
- International Hostel
Recreational Facilities :
Facilities: There is a play ground for playing football and cricket. Also, there
are basket ball, volley ball, tennis and badminton courts. In addition facilities for
playing indoor games such as caroms, table tennis, chess etc. Gymnasiums with modern
equipments are available in all hostels. A multipurpose room provided in hostels, can be
used for practicing yoga.
Computer Facility :
Computer facility and free access to Wi-Fi is available in all the hostels.
Facilities for Medical Emergencies :
In case of medical emergency the students are taken to the nearby hospital. Emergency
vehicle and driver are available, round the clock, for the college as well as hostels.
Library facilities in the Hostel :
A reading room is provided in the hostel in which books and magazines of general nature
and news papers are available.
Internet and Wi-Fi facility :
Free access to internet throughout the day with Wi-Fi facility is provided to the students in hostels.
Recreational facility (common room with audio-visual equipments) :
Common reading rooms with audio visual equipments are available in all the hostels.
Constant supply of safe drinking water :
Water is sourced from tube wells and one open well located in the premises. There is a central water treatment plant which filters and treats water before distribution.
Sewage Treatment Plant :
A centralized sewage treatment plant of capacity 1lakh liters per day is installed to ensure the environmental friendly discharge of the effluents from various hostels.
Maintenance Wing :
A 24X7 dedicated team is working for the timely attend rectification of complaints.
There is twenty four hours manned security provided to the entire campus including hostels. CCTV camera network is also installed in all hostels.
The discussions in the core committee meetings suggested formulating ways
to enhance discipline in hostels to promote better academic settings. It is suggested
that most of the disciplinary issues of the College are basically originated from hostels. It is
suggested that a system that ensures better discipline in hostels shall be developed.
- To develop a tactical and more practical approach that may ensure better command over inmates, academic output, and discipline
- To develop specific systems for admission, management, and discipline
- To provide centralized infrastructural facilities and other amenities to students like gymnasium, games etc.
Policy and Working Procedure : Procedure: Formation of a hostel management committee (HMC). The admission and disciplinary issues are to be managed by the HMC, which shall be
headed by a senior professor (deputy chief warden), preferably from engineering stream.
HMC shall consist of :
The Chief Warden shall serve as the Chairman of HMC and Deputy Chief Warden as the Secretary. All issues pertaining to hostels shall be left to HMC with Warden having independent charge for taking any
disciplinary action against any inmate as and when necessary. Any inmate booked for indiscipline by the Warden shall be directed to the respective departmental management
committees (DMC) through the Chief / Deputy Chief Warden for a departmental hearing and be re-admitted only with the written consent from DMC. Actions taken on all disciplinary issues are to be reported to subsequent HMC meeting for ratification.
- Principal(Chief Warden)
- Deputy Chief Warden
- Wardens of all hostels
- Facilities co-ordinators
- College union members
- Dean, student affairs
- Foreign Student’s Advisor
Online Hostel Fee Payment
For admission related enquires e-mail to : email@example.com
- Admission to hostels, financial management of hostels, administrative powers for managing and redeployment of hostel staff and other related employees and their related issues shall be managed by the Deputy Chief Warden in consultation with the Chief Warden.
- Exclusive reading space, WIFI connectivity etc. are to be provided in individual hostels.
- There should be a centralized system for student amenities like gymkhana, shuttle court, tennis court etc.
- HMC shall organize frequent counseling and special awareness programmes (about ragging, use of liquor, drugs etc.) for inmates, especially to first year students.
- The advisors and senior advisors shall make surprise visits to their ward’s rooms anytime without notice and report their observations to respective wardens.
- To prepare a manual of hostel protocol and distribute to students.
- HMC shall encourage parents of inmates to stay at hostels to have a first-hand idea about the hostel settings.
- Warden is having independent charge for taking any disciplinary action. Students booked for indiscipline in the hostel shall be directed by the Chief / Deputy Chief Warden to report to concerned DMC for a hearing and clearance.
- Use service of technical staff as resident tutor in case of necessity.